Sign in to our Members' Area
Welcome to Westside!
This Sunday at 11 at Westside
presented by Chris Edkins
Live streamed to YouTube
Please Be Aware of Our Covid-19 Protocols, Listed Below
Coffee Hour follows after the service, on Zoom. See below for Zoom link.
Fasting has long been a practice that has religious or spiritual significance. In modern times the health benefits of various fasting practices have been touted. If you are considering giving it a try, what do you need to know before you start, how long should you fast for, and what can you expect to experience during a fast?
We live stream our Sunday service for those who prefer to view online. Join us on YouTube!
If visiting us in-person, please be aware of our
1. Face masks will be required at all times. We recommend N95 or KN95 masks. Visit projectn95.org to shop for the perfect mask for you.
2. We ask that you maintain social distancing and sit with your family or "pod."
3. There will be no singing at this time.
4. There will be no food or drinks served at our Coffee Hour
5. The Board of Trustees asks that you attend our indoor services only if you are fully vaccinated, including eligible children.
6. We are unable to accommodate children not eligible for vaccination in the building at this time.
7. At this time, there will be no Religious Exploration programming for children or youth. For children and youth who remain in the Sanctuary with their families, we will provide activity boxes for them to enjoy.
8. We have installed MERV 13 filters in the building's air systems, for better air filtration.
9. Windows in the Sanctuary will be opened during the service to increase air flow.
Please subscribe to our newsletter for more information!
After the service, join us on Zoom for virtual Coffee Hour! Look for the link in the newsletter. Members, find the link in our Members' Area.
Connect With Us!
If you are considering joining us for Coffee Hour, we'd love to get to know you before your visit. Please consider taking a moment to fill out our Connection Card.
Adult Religious Exploration Classes
We offer a variety of Adult RE offerings. See our website, newsletter and social pages for updates.
Special Adult Religious Exploration Class
Christian Roots, Growing Branches
Many of us were raised in various Christian traditions, and though we may have expanded beyond some or all of the specific teachings of those traditions, we may be still making peace with that part of our experience.
For many of us, there are parts of the Christian tradition that we want to hold onto--perhaps we believe deeply in God/Goddess, consider ourselves mystical, or love the ritual and traditions. Sometimes, we have been wounded by the teachings of traditions which still hold some beauty for us, or we simply feel unable to separate our identities from the religions of our past. This class meets on Wednesdays.
Open to anyone who wishes to join; led by Rev. Carol
Email Rev. Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the class.
VITA Returns to Westside! Starts January 31st!
Charlie Dudney and his dedicated volunteers return for another year of VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance). The program runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10a-3p, thru April 18th. To have no-charge assistance with your taxes, You will need:
1. A Photo I.D. (Joint returns require photo I.D.s for both taxpayers.)
2. All relevant tax documents
3. Unless Farragut VITA filed your return last year, Social Security cards (or SS earnings statements) are needed for everyone named on the return.
NOTICE: Tax preparation is on a first come, first served basis. A sign-in sheet will be made available once VITA opens. Doors open at approximately 10 a.m.
Community events are neither sponsored by nor affiliated with Westside UU Church. The contents, discussions and activities in this event are not necessarily endorsed by Westside UU Church.
What is Unitarian Universalism, Anyway?
Unitarian Universalists are Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Humanist, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, atheist and agnostic, believers in God, and more.
Westside's Sunday Services are at 11 a.m. and are led by Rev. Carol Bodeau, Westside members, and guest speakers. Topics reach beyond religious texts to include a rich variety of life’s concerns, addressed with intelligence, inspiration, and wit. After the service, please join us for coffee and conversation. Our adult Religious Exploration time begins after our coffee time.
You are welcome at Westside! Learn more about Westside and Unitarian Universalism here. Meet our Minister, Rev. Carol Bodeau, here.
Rev. Carol Bodeau
Request a Sermon on Any Topic!
It's a dream come true: a Sunday service about any topic you choose, given by the person you choose (or you!), and done exactly how you want it done! Sound intriguing? Fill out this form and tell us your "dream" service topics--it's a sermon smorgasbord!
Read Our Blog!
Throughout each month, we post blog entries and meditations from our Minister, our current Board of Trustees president, and various guest bloggers.
See the three most recent entries below. Read all of our blogs here.