Anonymous User Information:
collects some anonymous information each time you visit so we can improve the overall quality of your online experience. We collect your IP address, referral data, and browser and platform type. You do not have to register with before we can collect this anonymous information. We do not collect any unique information about you (such as your name, e-mail address, etc.) except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information. does not require you to share information that identifies you personally, such as your name or email address, in order for you to use the search. assigns an anonymous ID number to your requests and links the following additional data to that number: the date and time you visited , your search terms, and the links upon which you choose to click. Like most standard Web site servers, we use log files to collect and store this anonymous user information. We analyze this information to examine trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. may present links in a format that enables us to understand whether they have been followed. We use this information to understand and improve the quality of the search.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Aggregated General Information:
We may share aggregated general information about our site with our corporate partners or others. Examples of this include the number of users who searched for "Classic Cars", the daily number of unique visitors, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Aggregated data does not contain any personally identifiable information that could be used to contact or identify you. Information sharing We may share personally identifying information to other companies or individuals in any of the following limited circumstances:
· We have your consent.
· If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
· We may store and process personal information collected on our site in the Canada or any other country in which or its agents maintain facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
· may use third party service providers to serve ads and emails on our behalf. These companies may use technologies to measure the effectiveness of ads and emails and use information about your visits to so that we can provide a better search experience to you. For this purpose, we may also provide these third parties service providers anonymous information about your site navigation.
· We may share certain information about you with carefully selected business partners, including those who may offer services that complement those provided by us or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may also disclose information to third parties who assist us in providing our services to you. For example, we may engage third parties to make improvements on our site, to offer new products and to allow us to customize your experience on the Site.
If you contact , we may keep a record of that correspondence and we may collect your email address.
Third Party Information Gathering:
does not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years of age nor do we knowingly use or share personal information from users under 13 years of age with third parties.
may use videos, photographs, electronic images and/or audio recordings of children and adults for public relations and promotional purposes by WUUC, including, but not limited to, print advertisements, signage, social media, television and radio broadcasts, and the website. See our full photography policy below.
Sale of Assets:
In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets related to the business of , we reserve the right to include any or all stored personal information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company.
The Information that is gathered when submitting a URL to the Directory is only used to contact the customer and will not be sold or otherwise transferred without their explicit permission.
The following notice is posted in our narthex as well as the entrance to our RE wing.
ATTENTION: YOU ARE ENTERING AN AREA WHERE YOU MAY BE PHOTOGRAPHED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. If you go beyond this point, you may be captured on film, digital camera, or video, and your image and likeness may be used in promotional materials. For the purposes of this notice, “promotional materials” is defined as: our website (), our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram), as well as brochures and pamphlets advertising the church or church activities.
By proceeding beyond this point, and continuing into the Sanctuary and/or Religious Education wing, and in consideration of your having access to this facility on this day, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE USE OF YOUR IMAGE AND LIKENESS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PHOTOGRAPH OR VIDEO BEING SHOT, and in any final version of the video or film, including, without limitation, commercial exhibition, sale, rental, resale, or other use or disposition of the content being produced. Westside Unitarian Universalist Church will not sell, rent, loan, or give away your image to any third party.
By proceeding beyond this point, you are waiving any rights of privacy and personality, and grant Westside Unitarian Universalist Church the permanent and unrestricted use of any content shot containing your image and/or likeness.
Photography/Video capture of minors is prohibited without express permission from a parent or guardian. If Westside desires to use a photograph/video of a minor, attempts to obtain permission will be made before an event or worship service. Otherwise, attempts to obtain permission to use a photograph/video of the minor will be made after the event or worship service. If permission is not obtained from a parent or guardian, the photograph/video will not be used.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED BEYOND THIS POINT.
Policy Regarding Service Animals & Emotional Support Animals
Procedures Regarding Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals
at Westside Unitarian Universalist Church
Approved by the Board of Trustees on December 20, 2015
Westside Unitarian Universalist Church welcomes members, friends, and visitors with service
animals or emotional support animals to participate fully in congregational life consistent with the
1. The person bringing the animal into the church building has submitted a signed statement (Attachment 1) that (a) certifies they have a letter or other written prescription signed by a licensed health care provider or mental health professional attesting to their need to be accompanied by the animal, (b) certifies that the animal is current on its rabies vaccination and all other required vaccinations, and (c) acknowledges their responsibilities and
liabilities under the provisions of this policy.
2. The person bringing the animal onto the WUUC property is responsible for caring for and supervising the animal, which includes toileting, feeding, grooming, and veterinary care. Westside UUC is not obligated to supervise or otherwise care for the animal.
3. The animal must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered while on church property unless those devices interfere with the animal’s support duties or the person’s disability prevents use of these devices. In that case, the person in charge of the animal must use other effective means to maintain control of the animal. The animal must not repeatedly bark or make other distracting noises and must not harm or threaten to harm other church goers.
4. The person bringing the animal onto the church property is responsible for the cost of repairing any damage or personal harm caused by the animal. Westside UUC assumes no liability for such damage or harm.
5. If the person bringing the animal onto the church property fails to provide effective control, appropriate WUUC staff (minister, president of the board of trustees, responsible board member, or safety volunteer) may request that the animal be removed from the premises.
6. Other church attendees should practice appropriate etiquette toward the service animal/emotional support animal including
• not petting, making noises toward, feeding or otherwise distracting the animal from
its duties, and
• not being offended if the person bringing the animal into the church chooses not to
discuss his/her disability or the assistance the animal provides.
7. With the exception of service animals and emotional support animals as stipulated in this policy, WUUC members, friends, and visitors are discouraged from bringing animals into the church building, unless they have been invited to do so as part of a specific church service or function (e.g., Blessing of the Animals service).
You will need to print, sign, and bring the statement with you the first time you visit Westside with your service or emotional support animal. If using the electronic signature option, you may email the document to email@example.com.
Inclement Weather/Snow Protocol
During the winter months, when there is a chance of snow, Westside has the following procedure for handling church cancellations due to weather.
1) The minister and/or lead worship associate on duty for Sunday will make the decision whether or not to cancel church due to inclement weather.
2) This decision will be made, whenever possible, on Saturday in order to allow time to notify the congregation of cancellations.
3) Cancellations will be posted on the website, through a special email to our newsletter subscribers, announced on our Facebook pages, and informally spread through phone notifications.
If you have any question whatsoever about whether or not church is happening during a time of inclement weather, please check our website or Facebook pages, or call another Westsider to confirm whether or not church is being held.
Video Surveillance System Policy
Video Surveillance System Policy for Westside Unitarian Universalist Church
Approved by Board of Trustees
June 16, 2019
The purpose of this policy is to regulate the use of a video surveillance camera system to protect the legal and privacy interest of Westside Unitarian Universalist Church (WUUC) and its members.
The function of surveillance cameras is to assist in protecting the safety and property of WUUC and its members and guests. WUUC makes limited use of a video surveillance system. Surveillance cameras may be installed in places where the security of either people or property would be enhanced via surveillance.
Video surveillance cameras will be used in a professional, ethical and legal manner consistent with all existing WUUC policies.
The video surveillance system is used to record access and activity in public areas where there is no expectation of privacy. This includes and is limited to building entrances, the Sanctuary, and the Religious Exploration (RE) hallway. Video surveillance cameras are also used to provide surveillance of the exterior of the building at the front entrance, and a limited area of the front parking lot.
Video surveillance cameras are not used to observe employee or volunteer work areas, and are never used in areas where employees, volunteers, members, or guests would have an expectation of privacy, such as restrooms or RE classrooms.
The primary purpose of the video surveillance system is to record images for future identification of individuals in the event of legal or policy violations. The system may also be used to monitor the entry and/or exit of facility renters, to ensure they are following proper security and cleaning procedures as outlined in their Building Use Agreement.
The video surveillance system is not intended to be used as a method of tracking the work habits or productivity of individual employees or volunteers.
Management of Video Surveillance Systems
Westside Unitarian Universalist Church is responsible for the management of all video surveillance systems. The placement and use of camera systems must first be recommended by the Safe Congregation Committee and approved by the WUUC Board of Trustees.
1. Only authorized personnel, as determined by this policy and authorized by the Safe Congregation Committee, will be involved in, or have access to, surveillance camera data.
a. All members of the Safe Congregation Committee, as it is their responsibility to ensure a safe environment for WUUC members and visitors.
b. The Office Administrator, as it is their responsibility to coordinate building usage and ensure that renters and guests are following proper procedures outlined in their Building Use Agreement.
c. The President of the WUUC Board of Trustees.
2. When an incident is suspected to have occurred, persons authorized by the Safe Congregation Committee may review the images from surveillance camera data. Such persons may include nursery workers, RE teachers, the minister, and/or other persons who have some role at WUUC that may be relevant to the incident. If the images reveal possibly criminal conduct, they will be provided to the police.
3. In the event of an emergency, the Safe Congregation Committee head or member will work with the Office Administrator and Board of Trustees members to secure, export, and view surveillance data, and can show that data to police or other emergency personnel.
4. Whenever any incident occurs that is substantiated with surveillance data and a WUUC member (adult or child) is involved, either as victim, suspect or volunteer, the Board of Trustees will be notified.
5. Video recordings of the cameras will be kept for a period of approximately ten (10) days. The cameras are set to record at all times. The oldest data on the camera is continually erased in order to accommodate continuous recording. Surveillance cameras will not record sound.
6. The installation of additional new surveillance cameras must be recommended by the Safe Congregation Committee and approved in advance by the Board of Trustees.
Video Surveillance Monitoring
The video surveillance system is not monitored on a continuous basis.
Video Surveillance Recording
All video surveillance cameras are capable of continuous recording onto an on-board microSD card. Recorded video is used exclusively for the investigation of security and safety incidents and not for other purposes.
Westside Unitarian Universalist Church is responsible for the management of the video surveillance system and has exclusive control of the release of video recordings produced by this system.
Recorded video is not made directly available to WUUC members, volunteers, guests, or the general public. In the event that a WUUC official or staff member observes or is notified that a security incident has occurred or receives a complaint that someone has been harmed (physically or emotionally) on WUUC property, they will promptly notify a member of the Safe Congregation Committee and the Office Administrator. If it is determined that the event may have occurred in an area where video surveillance coverage is available, the Office Administrator will immediately transfer video from around the time of the alleged event to a medium where it can be stored for further review. The video may be used by the Safe Congregation Committee to investigate and resolve the alleged incident and, as appropriate, made available to other parties as stipulated in other sections of this policy.
Requests to provide video recordings directly to non-members (such as neighbors or members of the general public) will not be accommodated. If a crime has been committed, requestors should be encouraged to report it to the police. If it is believed that recorded video from Westside Unitarian Universalist Church would assist in the investigation of this crime, the police should be told to contact WUUC. If relevant video is available, a permanent video clip of the incident will be produced and made available to the police. All requests for video recordings by law enforcement agencies shall be coordinated through the Safe Congregation Committee and the Board of Trustees and may be facilitated by the Office Administrator.
Recorded video is generally stored for a period of ten days. Any video associated with a specific security incident or event is generally converted into a permanent video clip and stored for the duration of the investigation. Video clips which could become evidence in civil or criminal proceedings are kept indefinitely unless other direction is given by the Board of Trustees.
Limitations of Video Surveillance Systems
Members and guests should not have an expectation that they are under continuous monitoring when they are in the range of a camera. Although the cameras are constantly recording, the images are monitored only if an authorized person accesses them using a smartphone app.
Members and guests should also be aware that the video surveillance system may not provide the level of detail necessary to spot suspicious activity or identify criminals.
Notification of Existence of Surveillance Systems
Members and guests will be made aware of the existence of surveillance systems in the following manners:
1. Permanent bulletin board notice;
2. Newsletter item to run for 1 month;
4. Section in rental agreement that notifies of camera usage and how they may be used to document unauthorized room access and/or misuse or mishandling of building's contents (furniture).
5. Permanent sign at the main entrance and other locations as determined by the Board of Trustees noting that the premises are under video surveillance.
If new surveillance cameras are approved and added, a set of new announcements using the above means will be made.